Tuesday, July 7, 2009

DRINK: Asshole Boyfriend

Ingredients: Vodka
Cranberry Juice
Red Bull
Ginger Ale
Score: 3.5/5


The first thing that caught my eye about the drink was it's cheeky name. As a twenty-two year-old female, I've had my fair share of asshole boyfriends, and to find a drink with that name and the motto 'if you got 'em, drink 'em' amused me to no end.

Assembling the actual drink is easy: glass, ice, one, splash, one, two, and stir to mix. No shaking, no blender; just a quick throw together. Which I'm sure when you're drunk and at a party is a godsent- not that I would know.

When it comes to taste it reminds me a bit of cough syrup, but I'm finding that, that is fairly common for drinks involving energy drinks and vodka (first time I ever tried the pair I could only handle a few sips before I had to throw it out). On the plus side the cranberry and ginger ale actually make it a bit smoother and easier to drink.

Looks wise there isn't anything special, the cranberry makes it look red, but it isn't as pretty as a cosmo and some martini drinks, but if you're serving them to guys that could be a good thing.

The Asshole Boyfriend would make it onto my short list for a party though, because as I said it's an easy drink to make and appeals to both girls and guys. Although I won't be reaching for this at home, I'll save the fruity, girly drinks for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment